Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Is there a free antispy program with realtime protection?

I'm concerned about the security of my computer, and while I have an active firewall (ZoneAlarm Free) and an active antivirus (AVG Free), I don't have an active antispy application. I'd like to buy one, but I'm too poor to buy software (hence my preference for free products over paid ones). I'm currently searching for a free (not trial version) antispy program that has realtime protection (meaning it starts up automatically with my computer when I log on to my computer) and that I can schedule scans with. Please do not recommend Spyware Terminator from Crawler, however, as I have tried that application and have had an immensely unsatisfactory experience with it.



Is there a free antispy program with realtime protection?virus scan



AVG Antispy as suggested above only has real-time protection during the trial period, after that it reverts to being just an on-demand scanner.



I don't know of any free antispyware with real-time protection other than AVG during the trial, and Spyware Terminator.



Spybot isn't really real-time because all it does is immunize your browser (SD Helper) and/or monitor your registry (Tea Timer function.)



However, Comodo's BOClean is a real-time antimalware which performs a one-time scan on installation and I believe it can be set to scan on demand. I have my BOClean running in the background and have never run an on-demand scan with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment