Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Can I run googles spyware doctor and Avast antivirus simultaneously??

I was using Avast antivirus free edition previously. For detecting spywares, I used to scan my computer with Adaware free version in weekly intervals.



Then I thought use google's Spyware doctor (free version) as well. Spyware doctor has to run all the time (and not like scanning as you wish like Adaware) so that it can give ongurad protection.



I just wanted to ask, in this case, is it ok to run both Avast and Spyware doctor simultaneously? If I run them together, are the going to slow down the performance of my computer??



Thanks in anticipation.



Can I run googles spyware doctor and Avast antivirus simultaneously??internet



There should be no problem in running them both together as they are looking for different things and have no reason to conflict with each other.



It was wisely cautious of you to ask because you apparently know that you can't run two antivirus together.



BTW, I run Comodo's BOClean together with my Avast, but it would probably be asking for trouble if you run all three together. Just keep BOClean in mind if you should drop Spyware Doctor sometime.



Edit: I would still add another on-demand scanner to your antimalware arsenal. Superantispyware is probably the best free on-demand spyware scanner out there.



Superantispyware: http://www.superantispyware.com/



Can I run googles spyware doctor and Avast antivirus simultaneously??network



You're welcome. I've had no slowdown using Avast with BOClean. Report It

No comments:

Post a Comment