Wednesday, August 18, 2010

FreeNoton antivirus?

Is norton antivirus is free for verizon yahoo customers?If yes i am a verizon yahoo customer and i dont have it.Could someone please tell me how to get it ?



FreeNoton antivirus?virus protection software



I've Googled what you're asking and it appears so. However, it seems it's not a very good change - many customers are saying that their monthly contract price has been increased since getting the Norton software, and other complaints.



It also seems they have no choice in the matter, as it states that Verizon Yahoo were previously using Computer Associates for their anti-virus, and now customers are unable to update this and receive constant warning messages to update to Norton. So I'm surprised you haven't had anything like this.



If you really want Norton, and you can't find any way to have this done online, I would contact Verizon Yahoo and ask them how you can get this. They may send you a software disc.



Alternatively, you could always just go for a free anti-virus that won't hog all your system resources (like Norton). There are three main free AV's out there:



Avira: http://www.free-av.com/



AVG: http://free.grisoft.com/



Avast: http://www.avast.com/eng/avast_4_home.ht...



I use Avira, though not the free version anymore. I upgraded to the Premium version - which only cost me 拢12.75 anyway - and it's great. It simply does its thing in the background and protects your system, and you don't even know it's there. And I'm not someone who's averse to the 'big anti-virus brands' for no reason - my contract with Sky Broadband came with a year's free subscription to McAfee (arguably better than Norton) and I uninstalled it after a week. It was too memory-hungry and too demanding. I don't want an AV that makes its presence known several times a day. Both Norton and McAfee are well-known for this.



  • computercannotloadwindows
  • good face cream
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment